- Beaver Bank Community Awareness Association (Ex-official
- Beaver Bank Kinsac Community Centre (Founding Member,
Ex-official Board Member)
- Berryhill / Laurie Lively Park Association (Past Ex-official
- Cobequid Cultural Center of the Arts (Ex-official Member)
- Heartland Village Homeowners Association (Past Ex-official
- Kinsmen Club of Sackville (Past Member, Rookie of the Year)
- Lucasville Community Association (Regularly Attend)
- Springfield Lake Recreation Association (Past Board Member,
Ex-official Board Member and Life Member)
- Sackville Heights Community Centre (Ex-official Board Member)
- Sackville Business Association (Past Ex-official Board Member)
- Sackville Masonic Lodge (Member and Past President)
- Sackville Seniors Advisory Council (Past Board Member)
- Sackville Sports Stadium (Past Community Advisor)
- Scouts Canada (Past Cub Leader, Scout Leader and Provincial
- Springfield Lake Watch Committee (Past Founding Member)
- Tinsel Sackville's Talking Christmas Tree (Committee Member)
- Wallace Lucas Community Centre (Ex-official Board Member)
- Waterstone Village Homeowners Association (Ex-official Board
- Weir Rockin' (Weir Stompin' 2018) Concert Planning Committee
(Founding Member and Committee Member)
HRM Council Boards and Committees
- Executive Standing Committee (Past Member)
- Destination Halifax (Past Board Member)
- Halifax Regional Library Board (Past Trustee)
- HRM Appeals, Dangerous and Unsightly Property Standing
Committee (Member and Past Chair)
- HRM Deputy Mayor 2009-2010
- HRM Environment and Sustainability Committee (Member)
- HRM Grants Committee (Past Committee Member)
- HRM Mobile Home Advisory Committee (Past Committee Member)
- HRM Special Events Advisory Committee (Past Chair)
- HRM Tax Structure Review (Past Committee Member)
- Middle Sackville Visioning Process (Past Ex-official Member)
- North West Community Council (Past Chair and Member)
- North West Transit Advisory Committee (Past Member)
- North West Planning Advisory Committee (Past Member)
- Nova Scotia, Dept. of Justice (Commissioner of Oaths)
- Nova Scotia Library Boards Association (HRM Representative)
- Regional Police Commission, RCMP & HRP (Past Chair)
Community Successes and Projects
- First official bike lane in Sackville.
- New Basket Ball court and playground at the Wallace Lucas
-15 acres off Margeson Drive / 101 Interchange for a new 250 car
park-n-ride (to be constructed in 2018).
- Beaver Bank Community Center and Fire Hall (before the fire).
- Margeson Drive / 101 Interchange 2011. ($15.3 million dollar
project - HRM contributed $6 million)
- Many new playgrounds across the district.
- New paving and sidewalk projects.
- Over $30 million in new Sewer and Water Infrastructure since
2000 (Lively Servicing Project, Beaver Bank Sewer and Water).
- Redevelopment of the Sackville Heights Community and Cultural
- Sackville's first outdoor Green Gym and Teen Playground (S.H.C.C.).
- Weir Field turf replacement 2012 ($600,000.00).
- Weir Rockin' (Weir Stompin' 2017) Outdoor Concert (Sponsor the
"Drink Responsibly Bus Shuttle").
Brad presenting Springfield Lake Rec. with a plaque recognizing their 50th anniversary.
Brad volunteering to read to students at a local elementary for Literacy Day.
Past Chair of the HRM North West Community Council.
Brad with PC Leader Jamie Bailie at the Brown Hall Seniors Lunch in Beaver Bank
With over 15 years of elected Municipal experience I have the knowledge of how government works at all levels. I understand the issues Provincially and in our own community and have the inter-governmental connections to ensure that Sackville - Beaver Bank becomes a PRIORITY again.
Brad serving tea at the Fultz House Museum.
Brad volunteers at a variety of fundraisers and events throughout the community. Here, he is volunteering at a local elementary school turkey bingo.